Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Bread Pudding




I know, not the prettiest bread pudding in the world but it sure is yummy!

I am going to apologize in advance for no "in-the-process" pictures, I tried a new method for my bread pudding tonight (along with making it in a smaller batch) and wanted to be sure it turned out ok before I took any photos. I will also make it known that I am horrible with measurements and I always "eye it" when adding ingredients, I don't use specific measurements so the measurements I give you, you can adjust to your taste.

Here's what you need:

This makes a smaller bread pudding (cake).

3-4 slices of bread (I used a really soft, dense, doughy kind of bread, but I'm sure whatever you like best will do just fine)
1 egg
1/2 can of evaporated milk
1/4 of condensed milk (add more or less to taste)
1/4 white sugar (again, you can use whatever sweetener you prefer)
sprinkling of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla

butter for greasing baking dish


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Tear all except half of one slice of bread into pieces (I'd say about half an inch, small enough so you can mash them), add them to a medium bowl. Add all the other ingredients and whisk in, mashing the bread as you go. 

Once it is mixed thoroughly and the bread is mostly mashed add the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, but not too runny. (You can skip this step if you prefer your bread pudding more chunky but I decided to do it this way this time to get a smoother texture)

Pour mixture into greased baking dish and top with torn pieces of the half a slice of bread remaining and sprinkle lightly with sugar and cinnamon. (The cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top can also be omitted if you like, you can try other things like Nutella, or condensed milk or caramel....)

Put it in the oven and bake until golden brown.


I added Nutella on top of my slice just as it came out of the oven so it got all melty and delicious! (chocolate makes everything better)



post signature







No comments:

Post a Comment