Saturday, 23 November 2013

I'm BACKKKK...& BIG news!

My apologies for being M.I.A., things have been so hectic lately that I haven't found the time to blog. 


So here it is-- the BIG news!!... 

My husband and I learned we are expecting! Now I am a little over 15weeks and have a little belly pooch to show for it! Needless to say, this news kicked everything into high gear and I, being the interior design lover that I am, am thinking hard about how I want to decorate the nursery. I have been plotting out inspiration boards on polyvore and pinterest. I have a nursery planned for a boy and one for a girl.

For a boy I definitely want really pale soothing colors with the absolute slightest hint of circus. I'd also like to do an "accent wall" striped grey and white with the other walls a solid grey or perhaps the palest of blues... If I am feeling particularly ambitious I'd also like to paint the ceiling a REALLY pale taupe and put up gold star stickers to look like the famous Osbourne and Little Coronata Star wallpaper (which is much too pricey to even DREAM of getting)--using this tutorial: http://honeyandfitz.com/2012/10/18/diy-starry-ceiling-tutorial/

Here's a picture of the final result:


I was inspired by a blog post on laybabylay.com for my boy nursery-- here are the pictures that gave me my vision:





And here's the inspiration board for my boy nursery:


In case you haven't noticed, I am absolutely in LOVE with JellyCat plushies! Adorbs! 

The woven basket on the bottom left-hand side is the Serena and Lily Senegalese Storage Baskets in White/Light Peach. Unfortunately, they no longer sell the white/light peach available, neither the white/natural, only the pink and blue options are still available. I am broken hearted-- if anyone knows where I can purchase one similar or if anyone would like to sell theirs, let me know!

For my girl nursery, I'd like rich lavenders and greys and stark white along with some earthy/natural pieces to keep everything from being TOO glam. 

Here's an image that inspired me:

via

Here's the inspiration board I've created:




Now that I've got baby on the brain, you can expect to see a lot more pregnancy/baby posts! I'm planning on doing a what to pack in your hospital bag post in the near future! Also, once I have grown enough, I will do a maternity photo shoot and post pics on the blog! Stay tuned!...


xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment